Madrid Rio Project
This looks like a major project which I think is really interesting artistic and exciting. I love the idea that it will be based on:
· A greening of the city and in turn restores the environmental balance.
· An improved transportation system which will hopefully rebalance the rights and access to spaces for pedestrians, cyclists and motorists.
· The project will also re-establish connections to the river; improve the water quality and river bed.
· There will be increased opportunities for recreational use and therefore providing for future health opportunities.
· Improvements in urban design and transportation
· Sustainable restoration of building
However what about:
· Food growing
· Displacement of the current population. I can hear the complex sociological discussions already…..
Anyway it will be fantastic for cities to be revitalised in this way- I wonder if anything is in the pipeline for the Victoria embankment in London.
Good luck Madrid